Intro to Solar Training Course
March 21-25, 2022
York Region, Ontario
Free to Attend
An in-person solar training course to learn the fundamentals of residential and commercial rooftop solar systems installation. Training will include electricity and solar energy basics, hands-on experience using demonstration solar equipment, and Ministry of Labour certified Working at Heights training.
Renewable energy is an industry with huge potential in Canada. There is an immediate need among local solar installation companies to hire entry-level Solar Energy Technicians.
Participants will receive:
- a kit of safety and personal equipment including, but not limited to: work boots, hard hat, safety gear and some hand tools.
- Working from Heights and Fall Arrest Certification
- 3 days of solar and electrical information training
- the chance to meet and network with professionals from local solar businesses
20 Participant Openings
Monday March 21 to Friday March 25
9AM – 4PM daily
Available for people who:
- have completed high school
- are between the ages of 18-30
- are a Canadian Citizen, a Permanent Resident, or have Refugee Status
Location: York University, The Aviva Centre, 1 Shoreham Dr, North York, ON M3N 3A6
Majority of training will take place outdoors and will follow all public health guidelines for safe gatherings.
This course is funded through Natural Resources Canada’s Science and Technology Internship Program.