Plug in the Sun is an interactive, curriculum-linked workshop focused on building the understanding of renewable energy and solar power. Students will learn about solar photovoltaic and solar thermal systems, and how solar panels have been used in a variety of innovations. Using interactive experiments, students will discover how angles, light colour and certain elements can affect the energy output of solar panels.
The overview of the webinar covers:
1. Importance of electrical energy
2. Basic understanding of renewable and non-renewable energy
3. Climate Change & Greenhouse Gas Effect – what is it?
4. Solar Panels & Solar Farms – how they work, solar innovations
5. Interactive experiments with mini solar panels
6. Question and answer period
All workshops will be suited to meet the relevant Science and Technology curriculum links for your class.
Due to COVID-19: Relay Education is offering a variety of delivery methods, including virtual workshops, to keep students safe while learning. Read more >
Virtual Workshop Fees
$90 for first workshop. Additional workshop is $80 each.
In-Class Workshop Fees
First Workshop: $185
Additional Workshops: $135 each