Capture the Wind is a curriculum-linked workshop, which examines electricity, circuits, and renewable energy, and specifically focuses on wind power. Students will learn how wind energy can be harnessed for electricity and will discover through experiments why wind turbines are designed with certain components in mind. Throughout the virtual workshop, students will have opportunities to answer questions and engage with the content.
The overview of the workshop covers:
1. Electrical energy – How we use it, and basic circuits
2. Basic understanding of renewable and non- renewable energy
3. Climate Change & Greenhouse Gas Effect – what is it?
4. Wind Turbines & Wind Farms – how they are built, challenges and benefits
5. Interactive experiments with mini wind turbines
6. Question and answer period
All workshops will be suited to meet the relevant Science and Technology curriculum links for your class.
Due to COVID-19: Relay Education is offering a variety of delivery methods, including virtual workshops, to keep students safe while learning. Read more >
Virtual Workshop Fees
$90 for first workshop. Additional workshop is $80 each.
In-class Workshop Fees
First Workshop: $185
Additional Workshops: $135 each