Three-week program that provides theory training and safety certifications in wind turbine blade repair and wind energy.
The Wind Turbine Blade Repair Training is a three-week course. The three-week course will include two weeks of part-time virtual learning, followed by one week of full-time in-person instruction. The course will provide participants with a better understanding of the jobs in wind technology, focusing on the skills required by wind energy blade repair technicians. The course will include education on wind energy operations, wind turbine blade repairs and maintenance, exploration of Canada’s wind industry, and provide training certifications.
The virtual training portion of the course will be delivered in partnership with Work Based Learning Consortium (WBLC). WBLC designs, develops, manages, and promotes Work-Based Learning programs for entry-level to mid-level skilled jobs.
March 8-28, 2024 in Calgary, Alberta
Who this Course is for
The Green Skills Academy is committed to providing these courses to underserved and underrepresented communities, specifically Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, Newcomers, Women and Gender Diverse. Priority will be given to individuals who are part of these groups.
People who are comfortable working at extreme heights and in varying weather conditions.
You must be:
- 18 years or older
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have Refugee Status
- Located in/near Calgary
Why you should take part
You will gain a firm understanding of the safety operations of wind turbines and blade repairs. You will gain hands-on experience in safety training courses required in the wind industry.
You will be ready to apply for jobs in wind turbine blade repair upon course completion.
- You will receive protective and safety equipment, including work boots, hard hat, work gloves, high visibility vest and safety glasses
- You will receive a Certificate of Completion in Wind Technology after finishing all course requirements.
- You will receive certifications in:
- Fall Protection
- Working in Confined Spaces
- High Angle Rescue
- First Aid & CPR
How it works
- This course is free to take part in
- Three-week program (two weeks of virtual learning and one week in-person course)
- Must live in/near Calgary
- Costs will be reimbursed for travel and childcare if needed