Multiple dates available. Workshops offered in Toronto.
Come out to a hands-on workshop where you’ll learn about solar electricity generation and how these systems are installed.
This half-day workshop allows participants to explore solar electricity generation, experience how a residential solar array is installed, and includes a tour of the 100 kW solar array located on the roof of the Horse Palace at the Exhibition Place.
Course Dates Available:
Fri, Sep 20, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Sat, Sep 21 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Thu, Sep 26 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Fri, Sep 27 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
This crash course will be taught by Relay staff member, Andrew Cahill, a professional who has installed both residential and commercial projects across Ontario. This event is free to attend.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Pros vs cons of solar energy
- How does Solar PV work and electricity basics for solar
- Definitions and fundamentals for PV applications
- Cost of solar, including incentives in Canada and ROI
- System components, electrical and BoS (Balance of System)
- Hands-on element – working as a group to install 2 PV modules with mounting and racking components on a floor-model roof, and see examples of flat-roof mounting equipment, optimizers, inverter, etc.
Participants must be between the ages of 18-29. Please wear close-toed shoes and dress for the weather as aspects of the workshop occur outdoors, rain or shine. This event is free to attend.
Contact Andrew with any inquiries.
Centennial Park, on Exhibition Place grounds
210 Prince’s Boulevard
Toronto, ON M6K 3C3